Requirements for Higher National Diploma (HND)
Every candidate seeking admission into HND programme must meet all the requirements for admission into the appropriate ND programme in addition to the following:-
- A minimum of Lower Credit pass in the ND programme; and,
- A minimum of one-year post ND work experience.
NOTE: Any candidate with ordinary pass in the relevant ND programme must show evidence of a minimum of two years work experience.
Entry Requirements For Higher National Diploma (HND)
Applicants with the following qualifications may be considered for direct entry into the Higher National Diploma Programmes:
- The minimum entry requirements for the ND programme in the specific field or their equivalents;
- The National Diploma with a minimum lower credit pass in the discipline obtained from an NBTE accredited programme: A limited number of candidates with pass ND certificate and a minimum of two years post ND work experience may also be considered.
- A minimum of one year post National Diploma cognate work experience in the field of specialization.
- For the HND Bilingual Secretarial Programme, a pass in French Language at the SSCE/GCE or equivalent qualifications will be an advantage. This is in addition to 1 –3 above. All candidates will be expected to pass an intensive 16 weeks French Language course prior to the commencement of the programme.
Admissions into certificate courses offered by Calvary Polytechnic shall attract a minimum of three credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent. The relevant credits shall include English Language and Mathematics.
Course and Course Contents
Calvary Polytechnic shall adopt the NBTE minimum guide curricular and module specifications for all the courses to be offered in the institution. The course contents of the ND and HND programmes shall not fall below the minimum requirements specified by NBTE.