The following Admission requirements into Calvary Polytechnic shall be adopted as the minimum acceptable standards into the various programmes offered by the institution.
Admission Requirements into National Diploma (ND)
To qualify for admission into any ND programme, every candidate must have five credits including English and Mathematics and three other relevant subjects. Admission requirements details for National Diploma programmes are as stated below.
General Entry Requirements for National Diploma (Nd) Programmes
The minimum entry requirements for the ND programmes are as follows:
- SSSC/GCE Ordinary Level or equivalent with credit in five subjects relevant to the programme at not more than two sittings.
- The National Technical Certificates (NTC), National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit passes in all the trade modules, five academic subjects relevant to the proposed of study programme and at least a pass in English Language.
- Five credit passes in relevant subjects obtained at the final examination of an NBTE recognized preliminary ND programme offered in a Polytechnic or similar post-secondary technical institution.
- Holders of the Advanced National Technical Certificate (ANTC) may be given advanced placement in the ND programme provided the candidate has also met the minimum entry requirements into the ND programme and obtained good grades in the ANTC examinations.
- A pass in the JAMB-PCE examination conducted annually.
- Candidates should have a credit level pass in Mathematics and in English Language (not Literature in English) to qualify for admission into Technology based Courses.
- Similarly application for admission into Management based Courses, a candidate should have credit passes in English Language and Mathematics.
- For Office Technology Management (Secretarial Studies), a credit pass in English Language (not Literature in English) is a requirement.